For over 7 years, making films in the regions has been a commitment since the creation of Studio AYMAC. Today, with over 12 short films, 1 feature film, 3 series, and more than 20 IPs in development, scripted and unscripted; we can affirm that this journey filled with adventures has allowed us to tell stories in unexplored places, facing unique challenges, and proposing diverse production schemes where the only non-negotiable element is quality, not only in terms of technical equipment but also in the well-being of the filmmakers, safety, and every link in the legal chain.
In the last 3 years, we have carried out a nearly parallel dissemination of two short films that demonstrate the diversity of the content we produce:
- THE SHADOW OF YOUR SMILE directed by Carlos Ospina, with a presence in more than 12 international festivals in France, Italy, the United States, Germany, Brazil, Canada, India, Ecuador. This psychological drama employs satire to depict Colombian social reality and features Julián Díaz, Álvaro Rodriguez, and Marleyda Soto. It garnered recognition at Cannes, San Juan de Puerto Rico, and Bangalore. Notably, it has previously been screened only in Colombia, specifically in Santa Fé de Antioquia and its hometown, Cali. Its upcoming presentation in the capital marks its premiere.
- GENARO TORRES: THE LEGACY OF THE GREAT MARIMBERO directed by Gustavo Angarita Jr., partner, and co-founder of Studio AYMAC, has left a mark at the Africa World Film Festival, the largest festival of the African diaspora. It has also been showcased in Venezuela and Ecuador, where it received an honorable mention from the jury. This project is a key part of, Appellation of Origin: Colombian Pacific, the most ambitious initiative tied to the community essence of the production company. Explore more related products on the producer’s website and our digital platforms. The upcoming screening represents the national premiere of the short film.
In addition to the pride we feel from screening these short films at the prestigious CINEMATECA DE BOGOTÁ, we are excited to present a panel discussion titled “The Reality of Filmmaking in the Regions”. The discussion will delve into key topics such as:
- Content will always be king.
- Clear foundations, clear content.
- Creativity and quality, with or without a budget.
- Don’t let it stay in the drawer!
These screenings and the panel are integral parts of the event: MAKING FILMS OUTSIDE THE CITY, hosted by the Vive la Cinemateca program.
Mark your calendars in Bogotá, IT’S FREE!
Date: Saturday, December 2, 2023
Time: 7:00 pm
Venue: Cinemateca de Bogotá, Room 3
Cra. 3 #19-10
For more information about the short films:
Having traveled the world for three years, the film shot in the salsa capital will finally premiere next Friday, June 9th, in one of the most emblematic spaces for art and independent cinema exhibitions: La Tertulia Museum’s Cinemateca.
The Shadow arrives in Colombia with awards and recognitions such as Best Director at the Lusca Film Festival in Puerto Rico, Honorable Mention from the Jury at the Festival International Du Film Panafricain in Cannes, Best Actor and Best Film at the Bangalore Short Film Festival in India, and with premieres in renowned venues in France, the United States, Germany, Brazil and Canada.
Guapi Expedition compiles the stories of 4 days of stay in the town and revolves around the search and encounter of Genaro Torres for the production of a documentary about his legacy.